I 85 Bridge Collapse

I-85 Nb Overpass Collapses As Crews Battle Massive Fire
I-85 Nb Overpass Collapses As Crews Battle Massive Fire

... said. Photo 10 of 18. Hide Caption. Show Caption. Fire officials extinguished a massive fire on I-85 on Thursday night after it burned for more than an hour and led to the collapse of a bridge on the interstate, fire officials said. Hide Caption. Show Caption. A large fire has caused an overpass on Interstate 85 in Atlanta to collapse. The massive blaze burned underneath a section of I-85 NB near Piedmont Road and shut down several roads in northeast Atlanta. Photo 12 of 18. Hide Caption. Show Caption. A large fire has caused an overpass on Interstate 85 in Atlanta to collapse. The massive blaze burned underneath a section of I-85 NB near Piedmont Road and shut down several roads in northeast Atlanta. Photo 13 of 18. Hide Caption. Show Caption. A large fire has caused an overpass on Interstate 85 in Atlanta to collapse. The massive blaze burned ...



How The I-85 Closure Will Affect Your Commute
How The I-85 Closure Will Affect Your Commute

... they’ll get where they’re going Friday. Here’s what you need to know about how the I-85 closure will affect your travel. I-85 is closed in both directions from the I-75/Brookwood split to the North Druid Hills exit. *Motorists traveling north on I-85 from the south side of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound I-75 at Brookwood near 17 th Street. *Motorists traveling southbound on I-85 north of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound Ga. 400. *Motorists traveling southbound on Ga. 400 from north of Atlanta will be diverted at Sidney Marcus exit. *I-285 and I-20 are both open to traffic and are the best alternatives for motorists to use if possible. *From 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Friday only transit vehicles and vehicles with three or more occupants will be allowed to use the southbound express lane on I-85. *Motorists are encouraged to utilize a wayfinding app to ...



Atlanta I-85 Fire, Bridge Collapse
Atlanta I-85 Fire, Bridge Collapse

... p.m. Thursday, crews were battling  a massive fire on I-85 northbound just south of Ga. 400 when a section of the highway collapsed, officials said. Fire officials extinguished it on Thursday night after it burned for more than an hour, fire officials said. » RELATED: 7 things to know about the fiery I-85 bridge collapse. Fulton County Chairman John H. Eaves announced that county buildings in Midtown and downtown Atlanta, including courts and justice agencies, will have a delayed opening time of 10 a.m. Friday and urged commuters to take MARTA if possible. "I am closely monitoring the situation related to the I-85 fire and bridge collapse. Fulton County has offered our support to the Georgia Department of Transportation and is working closely with the City of Atlanta. The staff of the Atlanta-Fulton Emergency Management Agency has activated to assist. We ask that commuters avoid the area while public safety personnel continues their response. Businesses ...



Massive Fire Causes I-85 Bridge To Collapse
Massive Fire Causes I-85 Bridge To Collapse

... Trump threatens to “fight” Freedom Caucus over legislative agenda. For the fourth time in the past six days, President Donald Trump has used his platform on Twitter to take a swing at a group of more conservative Republicans in the House, this time raising the specter of using the bully pulpit against them in the 2018 elections, if they don’t get on board with his legislative agenda. “The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don’t get on the team, & fast,” Trump said on Twitter. “We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!” he added. The Twitter jabs against the Freedom Caucus are becoming somewhat routine for Mr. Trump, who was frustrated that he was unable to convince those lawmakers to back a GOP health care bill last week. Even before today, those type of tweets by the President have drawn frowns from some members of the Freedom Caucus, who say they’re ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive